Saturday, August 23, 2014

C.L.L. Begins

Welcome!  I've started a new endeavor in my educational career and I'm excited to chronicle this journey through the means of my blog.  For those who have read any of my work in education on my previous blog, scproudabernathy.blogspot.com can now shift over to here.  As I move out of the classroom I felt I needed a shift in set-up to my blog, hence the name change to "Collaborate. Listen. Learn."  My new title is Technology and Learning Coach but perhaps I'll also be seen as "Captain Collaborator!"  I'm really excited by the opportunities this position offers and how they've changed the title to encourage the collaboration of my position with the teachers of my school.  As Malcolm Gladwell speaks about in Tipping Point I hope that I can serve as a connector and find others that will bring the sticky factor to our faculty so that all will seek to be lifelong learners.  As I close this first post, I believe this quote identifies what I hope teachers see within themselves to grow as professionals.

"The most valuable resource that all teachers have is each other.  Without collaboration our growth is limited to our own perspectives."  Robert John Meehan

1 comment:

Creative Commons License
Make Common Sense Common (MCSC) by Tyler Abernathy is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.